A red eye is ubiquitous these days and can be caused by many factors like screen time, less sleep, alcohol use, and body heat. The red eye is caused due to enlarging blood vessels in the eye. This is caused due to irritation or inflammation in the eye. Usually, it goes away after a few hours after washing or resting, but sometimes it stays for longer times. At such times, you need to see a doctor. You can also use japanese eye drops for red eye. Alternatively, you can also improve the condition before going to the pharmacy with home remedies.
Home Remedies for Red Eyes
- A cool compress is a good solution. Place a cotton cloth soaked in cold water over the eyes. This cools off the blood vessels in the eye. However, could you not use it for long?
- You can use natural cooling agents like cucumber and potato over the eyes to reduce the heat in the body.
- Avoid pollutants and triggers like smoke, fumes, pollen, dust, etc. This can trigger your allergies that could cause red eyes.
- Keep your sheets and towels clean to prevent red eyes.
- Also, avoid rubbing your hands over the eyes in case anything enters the eye. Try to take it off with water or a clean cloth.
- You can use artificial tears to clean your eyes and cool off their eyes.
Red eyes are ubiquitous due to the increased use of screens and stress. Tired eyes are the primary reason for this condition. It can be easily cured with the above remedies, but if the symptoms prolong, do not hesitate to visit a doctor.